NSC 109 (Conference Course-FRI)
CH 204 (Intro to Chemical Pract-FRI) OR BIO 206L (Lab Exp Bio: Strc/Func Org-FRI)
BIO 377 OR CH 369K OR CS 378
Who is this stream for?
- Science majors looking for computer experience
- Computer Science majors looking for wet lab experience
- Creative students comfortable with undefined open-ended projects
What will you do?
Students can expect to learn about the design process (how do I brainstorm innovative ideas that solve a problem in a new way?), biochemical detection (how do I develop a test that indicates the health of the patient?) and interfacing with the virtual world (how do I make a website or app to interface the diagnostic output to a computer?).
Specific skills include but aren’t limited to:
- Design theory
- Culturing bacteria
- isothermal LAMP PCR
- DNA extraction
- DNA sequencing
- App programming
- Website development
- Image processing
- Data storage and manipulation
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence